Thursday, March 4, 2010

Teaching and encouraging my fellow teachers . . .

is the heart of who I am! My passion is for teaching and working with kids, but I love encouraging teachers! I look back on my teaching career and have been blessed to work with master teachers, who see their career as their calling. A call to inspire, develop, encourage, and equip our children to excellence and their personal best!

As a mother of five, I have homeschooled my children, and I have worked in public and private schools. I realize one thing that rings true in all venues . . . teachers need encouragement. They need to be encouraged to excellence, and inspired to try innovative and creative classroom techniques. That is exactly what I want to do . . . encourage teachers!

Over the years, I have had the opportunity to develop and observe several different classroom-tested curricula! I have seen writers develop, scientists inspired, and historians created, as students dive into a variety of subject areas with excitement. I love seeing students succeed, and strive for excellence and their own personal best! A successful classroom begins with a teacher that teaches with heart and excellence!

Here are just a few of my favorite classroom units:
-Developing the Writer Within
-Cartooning and Creating a Character from Scratch
-Wings and Things, the Science of Flight
-Physical Science with Toys - Gizmos and Gadgets to teach physics!
-CSI: Forensic Science for Kids
-Spotlight Science: Engaging Energy Around Us
-Seeing History though a Historian's Eyes

If you are a teacher, this blog will be filled with quotes, creative lessons, pictures, and words of encouragement from one teachers heart to another!

Be blessed,
HeiDee

"Sharing ideas and techniques to inspire greatness and excellence in the classroom."

3 comments:

  1. HeiDee;

    What a beautiful name! Wonder who gave you that name.

    An Admirer from afar . . . .

    Your Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. HeiDee;

    Just got on your blog. Will share with mom later.

    Good Job! Proud of you!

    Dad

    ReplyDelete

My Family

My Family
My Beautiful Family!